Stay away from these because it will serve you no justice:
- Tight fitted jeans, tight pants and tight skirts
- Narrowed and tapered pants and skirts
- Jeans or pants tucked into high boots/long boots
- Oversized sweaters with big bulky pockets
- Tops that is gathered at the widest part of your thighs
- Creases across the crotch on pants or skirts because garment is too tight
- Jackets, sweaters, vests, tops that is at mid-thigh
- Any dresses that gathers at the hip
- Miniskirts and mini shorts
- Balloon skirts, loud prints, floral prints, animal prints, white & pastel bottoms, leather pants and skirts
- These will make you look fat: beads, pleats, tiers, ruffles, laces, eyelet, tie-dyed, leather, hot pink silk, sequined, tulle or glittery.
- Full skirts, poufy skirt
- Cargo pockets
Every garments and fashion items are non-verbal statements that say things about you and you are in complete control on the image you want to reflect. So take time to investigate on how each garment will represent you to the world. How do you want the world to see you just by the way you choose to dress? If you can answer that question, you’ve got it made.
You need to bring attention to your above the belt body part that is feminine and bony. Wear these and it will serve you justice:
- Dark solid color for bottoms: pants and skirts
- Fitted jacket, blazer or top
- Empire-waist dress or top looks great on all body types. Empire-waist is not just for pregnant women but also for women who want to hide something about their bodies.
- If you have a small waist, bring it to life with a belt over your pants, jeans, skirts and cardigans. Try different width of belt to see which one looks best.
- If you have great shoulders, don’t be afraid to show it! You can do this with an off-the shoulder garment or a halter-top. You can try strapless tops, V-necks, scoop necks, and boat necks.
- Loose fitted bottom pants and skirts.
- Your jeans and trousers should have wide-leg and straight-leg.
- Your pants should not bunch, crease or pull around the crotch. When you are shopping for a pair of pants or jeans, try them, sit down on a chair in the dressing room to make sure the pants do not crinkle up around the crotch.
- Fitted and curvy jacket
- Wear a belt as a belt. Stay away from scarf belt because it will make your waist look bigger.
- Your short skirts and shorts, should be knee-length and not shorter.
The most important of all, LOVE YOUR THIGHS! Celebrate your thighs. There are people who don’t have any. People who don’t like your thighs are not your friends. So, LOVE YOUR THIGHS and you will attract true friends!
The wedding dress you see in the picture was created by Catherine Bellaire Canadian Dressmaker & Designer.
Canadian Dressmaker & Designer