You don't need a PHD or have a child of your own to make a difference in a child's life. You just need to remember how it was like when you were a child, and Love in Your Heart!!! Children are like candles and they light the world. Each child was born with a gift and need a great mentor/teacher/adult to discover there gift and to bring it out.
Ideas on how to make a difference in a child's life:
- Buy pyjamas according to your budget and give it to the Children's Aid Association. The pyjamas don't have to be expensive. If you have a choice in the fabric, choose fleece. Fleece is know to be very comforting to children and adult who experienced trauma. Even dogs and cats love fleece. Fleece is a feel good feeling to the Soul.
- Give books to children. Bring these books to the Children's Aid Association for foster children to take with them, any children organization and all the children you know. When you give books to children, it is the same as teaching a child how to fish. When you give a fish to a child, the child eat once and then the child is hungry again, but when you teach a child how to fish, this child can feed herself/himself for the rest of his/her life.
- Volunteer with children. Teach children happy songs. Teach children to pray. Teach children to pray in times of struggles. Teach children to say Thank You for their Blessings. Teach children that they can choose their thoughts and feelings. Teach children the power of positive thoughts. Teach children quotes. See my quote section on this website. Teach children to cook and bake. Teach children about wild plants and how to survived in the wild. Teach children how to fish. Teach children about money. Children are never too young to learn about money. Teach children to have a high self-esteem and self-confidence.
- If you need more ideas, please write to me.
- You are very welcome to share your ideas with me and others.