I used only one sweet potatoe in this raised bed that I build myself. The sweet potatoe, I purchased at a grocery store.
1) I put the sweet potatoe in a cup of water. The sweet potatoe germinated within one month, then it grow stems with leaves.
2) You can plant the sweet potatoe in the soil covering the roots.
3) You can rip the stem from the sweet potatoe, put it in water to germinated. Once it forms roots, you can plant the stems in the soil, covering the roots.
4) As stems grow, you can cut some stems, put it in water to root, then plant it in soil. This will speed up the process to grow sweet potatoes in abundance. You just need one sweet potatoes to do this. Once you have stems grown, you can eat the sweet potatoe.
5) You have eat the leave just like spinach, raw or steamed for one minute.
Sweet potatoes are healthier then potatoes. They have less starch in it. A tip to take out the starch in potatoes, soak potatoes in water about 15 to 30 minutes before cooking. If you have any questions, please message me and I will be happy to answer your questions or make videos.
I speak and write English and French.