Would you like to have a successful harvest? The secret is in the soil. To have a successful healthy organic harvest of fruits and vegetables, you need to have a healthy enriched soil. If your soil is not enriched, you will have a great difficulty to grow healthy fruits and vegetables if any at all.
TIPS to enrich your soil, throw the following into your garden:
- Fruits and vegetable peels cut up very fine.
- Grind up dry eggshells
- ·Fresh garlic cut up into small pieces. Garlic doesn’t only fertilize the soil, but is also a pesticide. Put fresh cut up garlic at the base of your strawberry plants and the aunts will not eat your strawberries. This goes for any plants.
- Cucumber cut up in pieces acts as fertiliser and natural pesticides.
- ·Greens and browns. The greens are the live greens such as cut grass and green leaves. Browns refer to dried leaves.
- ·Manure from cattle, chicken, bunnies, goats and sheeps.
Note: The earthworms in your garden are your friends. The will eat all the compose you put into the garden and turn it into fertiliser. Worms will eat all of the compost you put into your garden and poop it. That is the secret to an enriched healthy soil.
Happy Gardening Gardeners.